Oluwadare Owolabi, MD/CEO of Xpress Payment Solutions Limited was a guest speaker at the maiden edition of the Association of Licensed Mobile Payment Operators’ (ALMPO) conference.
The event themed: Achieving the 2020 Financial Inclusion Targets: The Role of Mobile Money Operators took place at Four points by Sheraton, Victoria Island in Lagos on 22nd November 2018.
The event which was the first of its kind, focused on Mobile Money Operators’ efforts to reduce financial exclusion. Oluwadare Owolabi explained efforts by the Nigerian regulators to drive financial inclusion, success story of mobile money in other countries, successes and challenges of Mobile Money in Nigeria and most importantly, the impact of new licensing regime for Payment Service Providers on MMOs.
He highlighted future strategies to be any of the underlisted points;
• Have a niche (Don’t be everywhere, don’t do everything)
• Be Focused (Deliver your plan to letter)
• Have a Robust Technology Platform (Easy to customize)
• Rugged and Hands on Agent Managers
• Quick Issue Resolution
• Availability of Compelling Products and Services
• Treat Agents like Kings and yourself like Princes
With continuous investment in robust technology, the MD promised to ensure that Xpress Payments technology platforms are reliable, user friendly, easy and secure to all.